Somebody asked me the other day, Are you making any money on your web site. My answer was " no , not a penny ". He said why are you doing it. I replied--as a citizen of The Pas for 58 years, and a musician for over 50 of those years, I have always been impressed by the musical talent that came out of our small town over the years. I collected pictures and stories over the years and even wrote a book and produced a record album of local musicians back in '82. I felt the need to build a web site to honor and give credit to as many of the musicians as I could before all would be lost. The unwritten bond of all the local musicians is something I am proud to share and If I can bring back any memories and put a smile on someones face then it is all worth it. I'm not asking for money nor am I selling any advertising. Kind of a rare thing these days. I'm doing it because I enjoy it. I am still and always taking submissions and pictures and adding them to the site as I go along, and even when I move down South I will still maintain the site and eventually hand the site on to someone who will continue to add to the rich musical heritage from what I consider--my home town--The Pas







No comments:

Post a Comment